Some Cartoons for your enjoyment.
Send us your favorites to share.
Q: What if I'm not convinced helmets are worth it?
A: Try this experiment. Put on a helmet and have a friend wack you
on the head with a baseball bat. Now try the same experiment
without the helmet. If you're still not convinced, you're probably
too hard headed to need a helmet.
You Know You're a Biker When...
1. Any one of your bikes is worth more than your car.
2. You choose an apartment solely on the basis of whether or not it is
flat enough to ride into and how close the good roads/trails are.
3. Your bike rack is worth more than your car.
4. Your legs are tan only to mid-thigh.
5. The first thing you ask when you regain consciousness is "How's my
6. You actually move farther from work so your bike commute will be
7. You mentally log every meal as "good fuel or "bad fuel".
8. You learn you have money left over after paying bills and the first
thing you do is reach for the nearest bicycling catalog.
9. 75% of the tools you own are from Park or Campagnolo.
10. You dream of winning the lottery, and the first thing you think of is
"how many/which bikes can that money buy?"
11. You can tell your significant other with a straight face that it's too
hot to mow the lawn, then take off and ride a century.
12. Someone in a car asks for directions and you accidentally give them a
route that includes motor vehicle barriers or a route that bypasses all
freeways/busy roads (or is very scenic etc.)
13. You buy a car based on whether or not a bike will fit in the
14. You pull up hard on the steering wheel trying to jump your car over a pothole.
15. You know the distance of every point of interest within 20 miles of
your house as well as the location of every pothole along the way.
16. You refuse to buy a couch because that patch of wall space is taken up
by your bikes.
Two engineering students were walking
across campus when one said, "Where
did you get such a great bike?"
The second engineer replied, "Well, I was
walking along yesterday minding my own
business when a beautiful woman rode up on this bike.
She threw the bike to the ground, took off all her clothes
and said 'Take what you want.'"
The second engineer nodded approvingly,
"Good choice; her clothes probably wouldn't have fit you, anyway."
More Calvin & Hobbes
Last update June 27, 2007